No-one likes to think that they may be left unable to manage their own affairs due to mental or physical frailty or maybe an accident, but unfortunately this is sometimes the case. With the proper legal authority, such as an Enduring Power of Attorney or Lasting Power of Attorney, your chosen Attorney can assist you with those tasks you find difficult or take over the running of your affairs altogether if necessary. However, without such a Power of Attorney, your family or friends may have no other choice but to apply to the Court of Protection to be appointed as your Deputy.

We can visit you at home to guide you through the process of applying to the Office of the Public Guardian to be appointed as a Deputy for someone. There will be ongoing administrative matters to deal with, such as preparing a Deputy’s Account of the financial affairs of the incapacitated person. Often a new Deputy needs advice and guidance in the first year, but is happy to proceed unaided after that, coming back for advice on particular matters if they should arise.

Whatever your requirements are we can assist you in the relaxed surroundings of your own home.